iTunes unable to connect to the internet

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Cvstos, Aug 18, 2008.

1. Cvstos macrumors member

This is a weird one. For some strange reason, iTunes is unable to connect to the internet on both my Vista PC (I know, I know) AND my Mac AND MY iPod Touch! All my other internet-enabled applications on all my machines (PC, Mac) can connect just fine.

This is too weird. I'm wondering if my school is blocking iTunes, but seriously, that's the LAST thing they should be doing. iTunes is, you know, legit and legal.

Anyone have any thoughts?

2. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

That happened to me last week for a few frustrating hours with my iBook and iPhone (both connected via my wireless), and I had to do a keychain access repair. That did the trick immediately.

Try that.

3. Cvstos thread starter macrumors member

Attempting.... No luck. I doubt that would be the issue anyway since my PC, Mac, and iPod are all experiencing the same problem at the same time.

4. a.k.mac macrumors newbie

same thing with my macbook Al

i've been getting a lot of weird errors since i plugged a USB flash drive (that was also plugged to a 'mutated' PC) in my macbook.
    I unplugged it improperly when weird plain/blank text files were popping all over and couldn't open itunes.
    I freaked out so i switched off my laptop.
    When i switched it back on it was loading so slow and it switched off itself.
    I freaked out so i decided to call a local mac store for help.
    I ended up reinstalling my computer and thankfully my laptop backed up my 'Previous System.'
    So a few days passed and i recently brought my laptop to a place where setting up a proxy was required to access their WiFi.
    When i got home i couldn't access to my Yahoo Messenger and now my itunes store won't connect(NOTE:i was connected and using firefox). Someone help me, the mac employees won't understand me. Only the world wide web can. Help? hit me back with a message.:confused::confused::confused: