iTunes up next feature

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by dxmac99, Sep 23, 2016.

1. dxmac99 macrumors regular

Hi, i don't know if this is possible, I just want to play a song from the album and then have iTunes finishes the rest of the album. But after the first song is played, the up next list is automatically filled up with random songs from my entire music library. I have to keep clearing. This is just annoying. Is there a way to not to use this stupid feature??

2. Alrescha macrumors 68020

lol... it does appear to be broken. I just tried it in both Artist and Album view, and sure enough, I get oddball tracks at the end of the playlist.

A.

3. dxmac99 thread starter macrumors regular

so it was not like this before the upgrade? Mine is 15.5.1.21 on macOS.

4. Alrescha macrumors 68020

I can not say with any authority, as I mostly use iTunes nowadays only to serve movies to my Apple TVs. But certainly, at some time in the not too distant past, when you played a song from an album view, only the album played. I am inclined to think that this latest update broke it.

Speaking of broken, it used to be when you were in full-screen mode and typed some text in the Search box, you could hit ESC to clear the text. If you hit it again, you were taken out of full-screen mode (which is the normal behavior). As of this latest update, hitting ESC dumps you right out of full-screen mode the first time. It's going to be hard to retain the old muscle memory.

A.