iTunes update has tanked my computer!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by whitete, Jan 28, 2014.

1. whitete macrumors member

So yesterday I downloaded the iTunes update and now iTunes won't open. I'm running Windows 7 and have tried a system restore to no avail. When I open iTunes, the error message says that iTunes wasn't installed.

Please help! Thanks!

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Same thing happened to my windows 7 laptop and today to my win7 desktop.
    Never had an issue like that before with updating iTunes and not going through and getting stuck like that.
    And we're not the only ones, there's many many people online with the same prob. I'm pretty sure its Apples fault for putting out such a crappy/buggy iTunes update that messed up everyone's windows computer and cannot run iTunes any more.

3. C DM macrumors Westmere

4. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

5. whitete thread starter macrumors member

Thanks blueroom, I found the fix last night. Basically you have to first uninstall everything Apple including Bonjour services and install the new iTunes. What a pain!!

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, that's what I did too.
    What a pain and a waste of time.

7. tdale macrumors 65816

Its not a Windows issue, why keep blaming Windows? Its an Apple issue, they wrote the software.

And, I had this issue, all fixed. What is also fixed is another error message that occurs after each iTunes update from a couple of years ago, thats gone now.

Sort it out Apple

8. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

I got a runtime error before and uninstalled iTunes and re installed. I'm good now.

9. Rampant.A.I. macrumors 6502a

You'd think that's what most people would do to fix the problem. That or Add or Remove Programs > Repair Program. It's possible the "update" does exactly that.

10. C DM macrumors Westmere