iTunes-updating a jailbroken iPhone

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by 0eyvind, Feb 10, 2010.

1. 0eyvind macrumors member

Hello.
    Today I accidently updated my blackra1n-jailbroken iPhone 3G firmware through iTunes, when I thought I was syncing my Touch. Now it's locked and I don't know what to do: I have some contacts, pictures and voice-memos on it that I would love to maintain. Is this possible in any way? Can I re-jailbreak it, and restore it from the iTunes-backup? Can I do something else?
    Any help is highly appreciated! Thanks.

2. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Hummm... the update process requires pushing the download and install button, waiting 7-10 minutes while firmware downloads then 7-10 more minutes while update installs.

Hardly a 90 second sync ?

An accident ? :rolleyes:

You can downgrade the firmware on a 3G and re-jailbreak, but not unlock. Go to Hackintosh for a tutorial.

3. 0eyvind thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the link! It looks like I'm in more trouble than I thought... Permanently screwed, or temporarily until someone figures out a way to get by?

And yes, an accident. By syncing, I mean i thought I had my Touch connected and updated that, and didn't even think about it until I actually saw that the phone was now locked.
    :confused:

4. 0eyvind thread starter macrumors member

Ok, after seeing the other thread kindly linked to me by UngratefulNinja, I see that I failed even more by creating this thread. If a mod comes by, this thread may be deleted or merged into the other thread if it suits in there. Sorry for being doublestupid, but my iPhone-problem frustrated me bigtime.
    Cheers.