Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

don Juan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 22, 2006
Terre Haute, Indiana
Greetings.
Please help me. I rip my own CDs at home but do not have an Internet connection, so therefore there is no info. If I go to a local hotspot and connect will iTunes automatically update all of the info? Thanks in advance for any help.:)

Zedsdead185

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2006
UK
Not automatically. If you select the ones that you want to name and then select 'get track names from database' (Or something like that, sorry if this is pretty vague, but I'm not on my computer at the mo so can't check it up) from one of the drop down menus.

Synapple

macrumors regular
Mar 29, 2004
Rome, Italy
Zedsdead185 said:
Not automatically. If you select the ones that you want to name and then select 'get track names from database' (Or something like that, sorry if this is pretty vague, but I'm not on my computer at the mo so can't check it up) from one of the drop down menus.

What he said. I am away from my mac too but it should be the "get CD track names" command in the menu bar under the "advanced" tab.

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
barnacle said:
does the cd in question need to be in the drive at the time? or can info be found after the cd has been ripped and added to library?
The files ripped by iTunes are tagged with the ID used to lookup in Gracenote's database so you don't need the original CD.

B

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.