iTunes useless

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by daveathall, Mar 16, 2014.

1. daveathall, Mar 16, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2014

daveathall macrumors 68000

daveathall

Why does this happen? One minute my art work is all there, the next, not showing. If I download an album from the cloud the artwork appears and stays there when I delete the album but with over 800 albums it would take some while, how come this never happens with Amazon or Google music player?

Is there any quick fix? Get album artwork or updating iTunes match doesn't work.

[​IMG]

2. daveathall thread starter macrumors 68000

daveathall

Nearly 500 views and not one reply, is my problem "normal" and does everyone just put up with it.

3. Partron22 macrumors 68000

Partron22

Nope, not normal. I've not seen its like since Apple switched the structure of the iTunes Media folder back around version 8 or 9.

If You haven't given your library a complete do-over since those days, it might be worth your while to pull all your music etc. out, trash the contents of the Music folder and let the current version of iTunes rebuild it the way it likes.
    Doing this will be unpleasant and painful, and only might fix your problems. I had to do it a few years back, and have had only intermittent missing covers since then, but you might end up with no gain at all if your troubles stem from a different root.

4. daveathall thread starter macrumors 68000

daveathall

Thank you very much for your reply, I will give it a try. Once again, thank you. :)