iTunes Users Account Question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by brn2ski00, Sep 4, 2008.

1. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

I recently switched over to MobileMe and started using that new account: username@me.com as my iTunes account. The issue is, that my old account: username@gmail.com had a bunch of songs and applications associated to it.

Is there anyway to transfer all of the purchases/downloads under the gmail account over to the Me.com account? The main reason I ask is that I have some iPhone Apps that are under the gmail account and the only way to update them is to login to iTunes with my gmail, update the select few, and then logout and continue using my Me.com account.

Thank you in advance!

2. sreedy macrumors 6502a

I know this isn't going to help you, but it might help others before they get to where you are. You could have just changed the email address on the first account. All purchases are then still linked to the same account even though the email address and login is different......... this is what I did last month.

I wonder if you phoned Apple they might merge the two accounts?

3. brn2ski00 thread starter macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

That would have been a great idea, but unfortunately, no it will not help me now. I could, but I am wondering if anyone else had the same issue and if they found a resolution.

4. nakamuramori2 macrumors regular

you have to reset.

5. brn2ski00 thread starter macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

reset what?