iTunes v11 - airplay speaker icon missing

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by karlsmacpro, Apr 20, 2013.

1. karlsmacpro macrumors member

I have an airport express I use for playing my iTunes library wirelessly from my MBP through my hifi. The icon that enables me to chose between my MBP built-in speakers, and the airport express speakers has disappeared so that I can no longer connect to my hifi! I have changed absolutely nothing. Can anyone tell me what to do to re-find the icon. Thanks in advance. Karl:confused:

2. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

If your stereo has built in AirPlay then unplug & plug it in. Also check for firmware updates on the unit.

3. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Reboot (unplug, plug back in) your wifi router or Airport Express (whichever one is easier). Sometimes bonjour just quits working on the Airport Express/AppleTV's.

4. karlsmacpro thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the ideas. My stereo does not have built-in airplay - it's through an airport express. I'm prepared to try rebooting it, but can't see why that would make any difference, especially since the icon was there before I even had the airport express installed. Any other ideas before I reboot and run the risk of discovering another problem???? Is there a simple iTunes "toolbar reconfiguration" option?? Regards, Karl

5. TNJ macrumors newbie

Any solution?

Same issue. If I start my apple tv while playing from itunes on my mac, the blue airplay icon goes orange. If i select the blue dots next to each of my airplay devices they just disappear. One they're all gone the orange icon disappears entirely. I can't get it back without restarting itunes. Does anyone know how to fix this?