iTunes Version 8 Running slowwwww

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Wicked1, Apr 20, 2009.

1. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

Does anyone notice it takes a few seconds longer for iTunes 8 to load, or am I the only one with this issue, it seems to take forever.

Does anyone know a way to fix this?

:confused:

2. WG5516 macrumors regular

Which version of 8 are you running?

The newest version 8.1 I had problems with and I downgraded to the 8.02 iTunes.

3. Fiveos22 macrumors 65816

Fiveos22

I just downloaded the 8.1.1 version of iTunes without the previous 8.1 upgrade and now my music is skipping at irregular intervals. It ranges from about a half second to 2 seconds, and it almost feels like a buffering error or iTunes is getting distracted by otherthings I am doing.

It really sucks...and if it keeps it up I will start looking into other media players.

4. txr0ckabilly macrumors 6502

i'm downgrading here at work. 8.1 is very laggy/buggy for me. it freezes up during ipod/iphone syncs and during downloads too.

it acts the same way on my home machine but i have to keep 8.1 there due to HD movies i've purchased.

5. zephead macrumors 68000

zephead

Here's something I found out a couple days ago that really sped up my iTunes: turn off live updating in the smart playlists you never use. Apparently, iTunes has to spend time updating all of them upon launch, so it opens faster for me now after I unticked all the "live updating" boxes.

6. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

iTunes launches quickly and responds quickly for me on my MacBook and Mac Pro. I don't know what you guys are doing.

7. WG5516 macrumors regular

Since I've downgraded to 8.02 I've noticed that 8.1 even with all the bugs and odd lag times, was a lot faster than the release I have now. But I think I'll be sticking with 8.02 until a new version comes out. I was successfully able to import all my playlists and music count totals when I downgraded, so I'm good to go. :D