Itunes video convert problem

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by porourke, Jan 9, 2012.

1. porourke macrumors newbie

I have an Iphone 3G video that I am trying to comvert with Itunes to load on the phone. I can select the file to be converted Ok but whan I go to the Advanced menue the " Convert to Ipod/Iphone" selection and a few others are greyed out and wont let me select them - Any Ideas anybody?

2. ObuckiO macrumors regular

Is the video in the movie library file of itunes? If yes,as i assume...Only click on the video once (blue-highlight it, don't open it), and you can usually have the Advanced..Create iPhone version be open not ghosted.

3. porourke thread starter macrumors newbie

No it's not

No it's in a folder on the pc with several other movies off the internet, They are in Xdiv format. I want to comvert 2 or 3 of them and move them to my Iphone 3g to watch during work break!

4. ObuckiO macrumors regular

I think it has to be moved to itunes first (open with itunes), then you should be able to make a iphone version. I might be missing something though. I see you said a PC, can you have the option to open it with itunes? or drag it into? i know some programs on mac has make phone, ipad, etc. versions(imovie will),that go to itunes ready.. sorry if this don't help..