iTunes Video (fullscreen) disappear when I close the VNC connection under Windows

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by cstromme, Mar 31, 2009.

1. cstromme macrumors regular

Feb 26, 2007
    Have a PC hooked up to a Pioneer plasma here, and it's basically used to loop trailers in my video-store. The PC is running Windows 2003, and I thought iTunes is probably perfect for this as all the trailers I use are the 720p ones from Apple's servers.

So I connect to the PC with VNC (no mouse or keyboard attached), start up iTunes, start the playlist with the videos and they start running fullscreen. But whenever I close the VNC connection the video window disappears from the Pioneer and I just get the desktop + iTunes. The videos are still running though, as the sound is playing and iTunes say they're running, but the video is completely gone.

This happens every single time. Anybody got a clue as to what might be wrong?
  2. torchwood04 macrumors regular

Jul 7, 2007
    COuld they be laced with DRM preventing this?
  3. cstromme thread starter macrumors regular

Feb 26, 2007
    I don't know, they're standard trailers from Apple's trailer-pages. And I get video both on the Pioneer and the VNC connection until I close the VNC connection.
  4. dubsdj macrumors newbie

Mar 31, 2011
    I discovered the same problem. The workaround was to close the lid on my laptop and then it doesn't stop the itunes video. It's a bit annoying but at least that works.