iTunes Video (fullscreen) disappear when I close the VNC connection under Windows

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by cstromme, Mar 31, 2009.

1. cstromme macrumors regular

Have a PC hooked up to a Pioneer plasma here, and it's basically used to loop trailers in my video-store. The PC is running Windows 2003, and I thought iTunes is probably perfect for this as all the trailers I use are the 720p ones from Apple's servers.

So I connect to the PC with VNC (no mouse or keyboard attached), start up iTunes, start the playlist with the videos and they start running fullscreen. But whenever I close the VNC connection the video window disappears from the Pioneer and I just get the desktop + iTunes. The videos are still running though, as the sound is playing and iTunes say they're running, but the video is completely gone.

This happens every single time. Anybody got a clue as to what might be wrong?

2. torchwood04 macrumors regular

COuld they be laced with DRM preventing this?

3. cstromme thread starter macrumors regular

I don't know, they're standard trailers from Apple's trailer-pages. And I get video both on the Pioneer and the VNC connection until I close the VNC connection.

4. dubsdj macrumors newbie

I discovered the same problem. The workaround was to close the lid on my laptop and then it doesn't stop the itunes video. It's a bit annoying but at least that works.