Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

benh911f

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 11, 2009
So I've run into a problem in iTunes the past few days that I haven't dealt with before. I have different view options for different sections of iTunes - For example, grid view for podcasts and coverflow view for music. Before, each section was able to maintain that view, but now, if I click on a view selection for that section, it changes ALL sections, not just the one I selected it under. For example, if I select grid view under podcasts, it changes music to grid view as well.
How can I fix this?

LaWally

macrumors 6502a
Feb 24, 2012
So I've run into a problem in iTunes the past few days that I haven't dealt with before. I have different view options for different sections of iTunes - For example, grid view for podcasts and coverflow view for music. Before, each section was able to maintain that view, but now, if I click on a view selection for that section, it changes ALL sections, not just the one I selected it under. For example, if I select grid view under podcasts, it changes music to grid view as well.
How can I fix this?

I found something that might help you. One of "Doug's iTunes Scripts" allows you to (among other things) toggle a hidden iTunes preference that makes view options global (or not). Take a look:

http://dougscripts.com/itunes/script...ngehiddenprefs

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.