iTunes - Viewing the Played Music History

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bmatiasb, Mar 2, 2010.

1. bmatiasb macrumors newbie

Hi Everybody,

Being a long time user of itunes, I just now realized that I couldn't view the history of music I played in the past. Can somebody help my in this way?
    I already looked to find an itunes widget, in itunes help, but nothing found.

THank's a lot _:apple:_

2. bmatiasb thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for this insight. It's actually useful and I didn't know about it.

In my case I'm looking for something more specific.
    I'd like to be able to answer to this kind of questions:

"Enumerate per order the last 25 songs that you played last friday night."

"Oh, that song of yesterday at Midnight was amazing. What's its name?"

Thank you

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Good luck finding that. To my knowledge, nothing like that exists.

4. agbot macrumors regular

In List view, right click the column header and select "Last Time Played". Click that new column to sort... there's your music played history. You can also use that field in smart playlists to define date/time ranges of last played music. Unless this isn't what you are looking for.

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Of course, that won't provide what the OP is looking for. For example:
    You can't answer those questions if you played a song again after "last Friday night" or "yesterday at midnight". "Last Time Played" will only show the last time a song is played, not every time you play it. So reconstructing a history of everything you play isn't possible, since iTunes doesn't track details about every time you play a song. It tracks how many times you've played a song and the last time it was played.

6. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

If it's really important, after every party or event, you can backup the play list. Takes like 2 seconds. That's what I do.

(It's good to have backups anyway).

This way it's free.

7. instaxgirl macrumors 65816

instaxgirl

Not exactly what you're looking for, but what about signing up to last.fm?

It basically tracks every song you've listened to (allowing you to see what your favourite artists/tracks are, and then it handily recommends new similar artists based on this)

You'll have to do the legwork yourself, but you will be able to see what song you listened to yesterday at 1pm or whatever.

8. bmatiasb thread starter macrumors newbie

Definetly a good brainstorming,

but I was looking to some kind of history tracker of the current library (music and/or video). Maybe it is too elaborated for the moment, but I am sure that something like that will appear.

I just want to be very sure that something like that doesn't exist currently, as I think it could be a good improvement for our beloved program.

Thank you all,

Ps.- As a possible matter for development, do you think it is feasible?

That's a good idea but it only tracks if the music was played until the end.
    I was looking to something more general.