Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tobias Judd

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 18, 2009
I have a PC with iTunes and I have an airport express. I know the air port express work because my iMac connects and I can stream music no problem from the iMac.

When my pc connects to the air port exress it says that it connects successfuly. Then I go into iTunes and you can see it in the drop down menu, but it is shaded and won't let me connect via iTunes.

Any suggestions why my pc sees and connects to the airport express, but won't let me change speakers to stream music??

Thanks

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Is the Mac currently using the same setting? Only one computer at a time can access the AirTunes speakers.

Tobias Judd

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 18, 2009
Yes, Only one computer is connected to the Air Tunes. I actually turned the Mac off so there wouldn't be any interference.

What next??

Tobias Judd

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 18, 2009
GREAT!!

All of that worked awesome.

Only problem now is that my music cuts out every 5 seconds or so for a second or two.

I did have my airport express join my current wireless network.

any thoughts as to why the music cuts out?? I"m not streaming from internet, just playing music on my harddrive.

Thanks again!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.