Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

clarkee

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 25, 2007
I am running my MacMini 1.83GHz, OSX10.6.3 through my 37" Sharp LCD TV as my media centre.

When I activate the iTunes visualiser in full screen, the image jumps and jagged lines appear randomly across the screen.

This does not happen if the visualiser Is running where you can see iTunes control bar above and below the visualiser graphics. It also does not seem to happen with any of the other iTunes built in visualisers.

Can anyone offer any suggestions as to why this is happening?

Thanks in advance.

S

stimpsor

jagged lines in itunes 10 visualizer full screen

I also have a mac mini running snow leopard and experienced the same problem in full screen visualizer connected to HDMI TV. Tried the other visualizers and they worked ok.

I resolved this by going into system preferences - display and unchecked the overscan mode. I ran the visualizer again in full screen and it didn't present the problem. This almost certainly suggested something was wrong with the overscan preference file. I checked the overscan mode on again and running full screen visualizer works correctly.

I hope this helps. Happy Christmas.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.