Itunes Visualiser Warning Epileptics!!

alicat

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 23, 2007
Warning for those playing with the new Itunes Visualisers, the new Jelly needs a light visual warning for Epileptics. Particularly those who are triggered by strobe lights. Jelly is very bad!! Lathe is not so bad. I have already developed an Aura (epileptics will know what I mean) from just turning it on. It is even worse than the MIA website. (and I love MIA) Thanks Apple, thanks for checking that one
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

just hope no one is seriously affected........

this post was place in the wrong area first. Sorry.

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
I think a light warning is the thing to do honestly. Too bad Jelly is bad for epileptics because it's so amazing. In my opinion it kills Magnetosphere (iTunes new one) which I feel is rather crappy honestly.

alicat

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 23, 2007
Valid point.
Though past versions have been pretty lights, soft lights, smooth lights.
These are 'strobe like' Pulsating lights in the new one. That is the problem.
They are the trigger. I think it has something to do with the frequency and intensity....

Yep back to the classic for me. Ahh just like a getting a broken present from Santa Claus :)

macgirl82mjn

macrumors member
Aug 4, 2008
Isn't it kinda obvious a visualizer would have flashing lights?

no, some have moving elements or slow color changes that look like melting, I don't think flashing light is obvious. especially with a name like jelly.

I accidentally turned turned the visualizer on like 4 times last night when I was playing with the new version. Sure, that's a specific experience of mine but I'd be surprised if I were the only one.