Itunes Visualiser Warning Epileptics!!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by alicat, Sep 9, 2008.

1. alicat macrumors newbie

Warning for those playing with the new Itunes Visualisers, the new Jelly needs a light visual warning for Epileptics. Particularly those who are triggered by strobe lights. Jelly is very bad!! Lathe is not so bad. I have already developed an Aura (epileptics will know what I mean) from just turning it on. It is even worse than the MIA website. (and I love MIA) Thanks Apple, thanks for checking that one
    :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

just hope no one is seriously affected........

this post was place in the wrong area first. Sorry.

2. Aranince macrumors 65816

Isn't it kinda obvious a visualizer would have flashing lights?

3. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

4. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

I think a light warning is the thing to do honestly. Too bad Jelly is bad for epileptics because it's so amazing. In my opinion it kills Magnetosphere (iTunes new one) which I feel is rather crappy honestly.

5. alicat thread starter macrumors newbie

Valid point.
    Though past versions have been pretty lights, soft lights, smooth lights.
    These are 'strobe like' Pulsating lights in the new one. That is the problem.
    They are the trigger. I think it has something to do with the frequency and intensity....

Yep back to the classic for me. Ahh just like a getting a broken present from Santa Claus :)

6. macgirl82mjn macrumors member

macgirl82mjn

no, some have moving elements or slow color changes that look like melting, I don't think flashing light is obvious. especially with a name like jelly.

I accidentally turned turned the visualizer on like 4 times last night when I was playing with the new version. Sure, that's a specific experience of mine but I'd be surprised if I were the only one.

7. txr0ckabilly macrumors 6502

just wondering- on the new visualizer- is there supposed to be big white circles? or are those supposed to be the little star bursts?

[​IMG]