Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

natesters

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 16, 2007
I am going to be attending a party with a live band. What i'd like to do is have iTunes visualizer running with the live music from the band. I want to know how I can have the live music playing in iTunes and use the visualizer going along with the live music. (I would have the computer on mute.)

I know of a program called G-Force that has a visualizer that is "better" than iTunes and does what I want to do if you buy the most expensive version. Is there a different program that does this without costing $30?

Thanks in advance.

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
I'm not sure how to get iTunes to play the music for you but the visualiser should work just fine whether or not music is playing. I'm not sure what the problem is, sorry. :eek:

mikeratza

macrumors newbie
Nov 30, 2009
re: itunes and live music

I'm also looking to tap into the I tunes visualizer. I don't mind paying a little something to do it. Personally, I find the new visualizer stunning.

I think the issue for just running the visualizer without a connected audio feed would be that it wouldn't sync up like it does from the music in itunes.

Any help or insight on the subject would be great.

Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.