iTunes Voicemail store coming!??!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mcdj, Oct 15, 2007.

1. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Holy krap!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Reuters
    Oct 15, 2007

"Apple Inc. is expected to announce later this week the release of their Voicemail Store for the iPhone, to complement the popular iTunes software, and the recent addition of downloadable phone ringtones.

Starting November 1st, current and future iPhone users will be charged 99 cents to download a Voicemail to their phone. They can listen to a 2 second preview of the Voicemail via iTunes, but will have to pay to listen to the entire message.

The Voicemail files will have Digital Rights Management embedded in them, but Apple has indicated they will offer DRM-free versions of the files for $1.29 each. Apple says this will enable users with multiple computers and/or iPhones to access their Voicemail on a wider scale, but is quick to discourage Voicemail sharing.

The Voicemail Industry Association of America (VIAA) had no comment at this time."

2. plinden macrumors 68040

plinden

Sorry, but I didn't chuckle once - humor is better if it has some basis in reality.

3. Sobe macrumors 68000

Sobe

If I could have a hot actress speaking my voice mail to me, I just might consider it!

4. gceo macrumors 6502a

gceo

Yeah, and I hear Verizon has one that costs $3.99 per message, but you have to wade through all your old messages before you can listen to the new ones.

Seriously, stop picking at the fly poop in the sugar bowl.

On a side note, my friend asked me this weekend to put a ringtone on his Razr V3m by Verizon.... I was like "no prob"... I got on Google, then Howardforums, (yikes, I have to flash the firmware to a previous version and edit SEEM files to just get a ringtone!!!!!) and then I realized that iPhone users have it soooo good.