iTunes volume presets

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by guydude193, Jul 26, 2009.

1. guydude193 macrumors 6502a

Hey, gang.
    This is probably a pointless question, but I was wondering if there was a way to automatically set all of your songs to any volume preset?
    Here's a link to a screenshot to show you what I mean, since I can't seem to take one without the .tiff extension.
    http://i32.tinypic.com/e14suc.jpg
    The volume adjustment bar is what I'd like set to +100% for every song I purchase/download/import.
    Thanks!!

2. Shake 'n' Bake macrumors 68020

Shake 'n' Bake

3. guydude193 thread starter macrumors 6502a

And drag everything up? (I know nothing when it comes to true audio perfection). :p

4. Shake 'n' Bake macrumors 68020

Shake 'n' Bake

No. Just the preamp. Be careful, though. It can get really loud with the right speakers.

FYI, here is my setup: Mac mini outputting through a stereo to RCA cable to a JVC RX-450 receiver which goes to a pair of Scott Omni 3.3s. It's straight from the '80s and great for everything from the Beastie Boys to Beethoven. The Omnis have 1x 12'' woofers, 2x 4.5'' midranges, and 3x 1.75'' tweeters each. If you'd like, I can post my EQ settings.

Sorry, I digressed.

5. guydude193 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Heh. No problem! I love hearing people's setups when all I have is the MacBook itself. Even if it has nothing to do with the subject. :p
    Thanks for the help!

6. smartalic34 macrumors 6502a

smartalic34

I dont think there is an easy way to make the volume adjustment 100% for every song as it's imported. however, what I do (and I like mine all at +100% as well) is just use "command" + "a" to highlight all the songs, then hit "command" + "i" and change the adjustment for all my songs that way in one fell swoop. then when I add new ones, I do them individually. if anyone knows how to do this automatically for new songs, I'd appreciate it as well...

7. Shake 'n' Bake macrumors 68020

Shake 'n' Bake

Can you read?

I answered and solved the problem. My solution is simpler and universal.

8. guydude193 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I do the same thing. It's just a hassle and I'd like it to be automatic. :D

9. Shake 'n' Bake macrumors 68020

Shake 'n' Bake

Are you serious? Use the EQ and adjust the preamp like I suggested. It isn't a hassle and it's automatic.

10. smartalic34 macrumors 6502a

smartalic34

wow, first of all, I'm not sure I even want to respond to this. in response to your rhetorical question, it's inherently obvious I can read, otherwise I wouldnt be posting on a forum. second of all, I dont go around insulting other posters, especially ones that arent new to these forums. if you look at the time stamp, I posted 19 minutes after you did. it just so happens I opened a few tabs and didnt refresh before posting, missing your note about the pre-amp.

I concur your solution is simple, but I ask: will it boost the volume when the songs are on an ipod? I think (but I'm not sure) that using the volume adjustment that both myself and the OP have described boosts the song's volume on an ipod, which the equalizer does not (unless I am mistaken?)

your solution is a good one, but my questions remain.

11. Shake 'n' Bake macrumors 68020

Shake 'n' Bake

Why? Just because someone has a higher title doesn't mean you can't get angry at them. It also doesn't mean your ideas aren't as good.

No, it doesn't boost it on an iPod, but how loud do you need it?

12. guydude193 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Loud enough to hear. :p

13. smartalic34 macrumors 6502a

smartalic34

you actually have the "higher title", whatever connotation that conjures. I dont remember this being a place where posters get angry at one another for trying to help the original poster? I never stated I disagreed with you. you already offered your suggestion, and I also offered my input. not need to get angry at me simply because I didnt commend your solution.

I think we all must remember this isnt a competition to see who has the best ideas; this is a place to help each other out with advice and recommendations. negative comments aren't beneficial to anyone.

I use my ipod with a radio transmitter in the car, and while the volume of the ipod itself doesnt really matter, the volume of the songs themselves does, hence why I wish to boost the actual song volume using the volume adjustment. I've had a few experiences when I unplug the ipod and the radio practically pops my eardrums:p

14. yoavcs macrumors regular

Do you always get so angry and rude when people fail to acknowledge just how wonderful you and your ideas are?

15. Chase R macrumors 65816

Chase R

There is a awesome program called iVolume that will do exactly what you want. It will make all of your music play at exactly the same level, and if you want, you can change it so it plays much louder like what you want.

By the way, why do you want your music to play so loud like that? I personally wouldn't recommend that.

16. Shake 'n' Bake macrumors 68020

Shake 'n' Bake

Depends who you ask: Me or someone else.

It isn't really an insult, more a recommendation, really. If you take the time to hit refresh, you don't waste your and other people's time by posting garbage.

If this thread went the proper way, the second person to chime in would have hit refresh, read my post, and then asked their question about it. Then we would argue, which is how decisions are made, until we found the best solution, which appears to be Chase R's.

17. guydude193 thread starter macrumors 6502a

It's not for the actual loudness, but my iPod must be wearing down now, because I'll have to turn the volume up all the way to hear anything. Honestly. But with the volume @ +100%, I can keep it about 20% of the way up and being able to hear everything I need to.
    Thanks for the suggestion!

18. smartalic34 macrumors 6502a

smartalic34

your solution didnt solve my problem, so my lack of hitting refresh didnt really do much except tweak your short temper. I also didnt realize that there had to be an argument until a "best" solution was found. normally, people offer suggestions to the original poster, and the OP decides what he/she wants to do. usually when the OP responds to a post that solves the problem, as was done in #17, the thread is considered "solved". I realize that statement is hypocritical, and will hope it thusly ends. I do hope you change your ways, as you offer good information.