iTunes Volume vs. Apps Volume

Discussion in 'iMac' started by EyeInSky, Aug 16, 2012.

1. EyeInSky macrumors newbie

Hello Everyone,

I'm trying to set the general system preferences so that music can be played at a nice reasonably-loud volume, but with the ability to decrease the volume on other things (such as system alerts and other applications).

It appears I can adjust system alerts, but the other applications are way too loud. What ends up happening is when the music is loud enough to be enjoyable, the applications' sounds BLARE way too loud. If I decrease the main volume I can get the application's volume reasonable but the music is too soft.

Was hoping there would be more independent control on things.

I have an iMac Desktop system.

Thanks,
    EyeInSky

2. MEGrubb macrumors newbie

Set your general sound volume to a reasonable setting, so that all of these other noisy applications you are using don't hurt your ears.

Then, when using iTunes, just make sure its turned up all the way on there. That way, you'll have reasonable application volume, and music that is loud enough to be enjoyable.

You can even adjust settings in the equilizer to make the music even louder or softer if you wanted to. (Sound booster and acoustic are both on the louder end of the options)

3. EyeInSky thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi there.

I've tried that, and that's pretty much what I've been doing. I wonder if music played from a CD can be adjusted differently than the other sounds from the computer.

What I"m trying to achieve is to make it so the MUSIC is audible (like at a "7" or "8" on a 1-10 scale) and the computer's app sounds are at a "5".

4. shatteringlass macrumors newbie

Something I always wanted from Windows 7 is the advanced mixer that makes everything easier. Being the Macs highly advanced multimedia workstations, this is a must have. Where can I ask Apple for this?

[​IMG]