itunes VS amazon!!!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by veeco3110, Nov 20, 2007.

1. veeco3110 macrumors 6502

veeco3110

ok so i just downloaded the new daft punk cd ((amazing btw)) its 11 dollars on itunes, and its 9 dollars on amazon...

i really cant believe how much of a price war amazon is trying to fight over itunes.

only thing i dont like is that you have to download a amazon mp3 downloader to download the music rather than a standard download.

anyways, just a simple rant over the price differences between itunes and amazon

amazon so far is looking rather promising. anyone else agree?

2. Pandaboots macrumors regular

Pandaboots

Well in order to download music from iTunes we have to have special software too...but amazon does look really nice. One thing I have noticed between Amazon and iTunes is that both will have the same song, but sometimes the iTunes version isn't iTunes Plus. That doesn't make sense to me..How can Amazon sell the DRM free version but Apple can't? (and for $.10 less in some cases)

3. weckart macrumors 68040

Apple can sell EMI and some indie labels DRM-free. That is it. Amazon has made its own agreement with the various labels.

4. plickfu macrumors newbie

FWIW, you don't technically need to download Amazon's program. You can just click to buy songs and it downloads them.