iTunes Warning Message

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by winstonrc, Feb 27, 2011.

1. winstonrc, Feb 27, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2011

winstonrc macrumors newbie

Hello,
    I used an application deleter to delete applications I rarely use. Now I'm having problems with my iTunes. The warning message I get is "F4MDamageTitleStr." It comes up when I try to open iTunes, or try to download a song into iTunes. I downloaded the new version of iTunes but that message still comes up. Also, when I try to start the Photobooth application, the same error message shows and the app doesn't open.

Any tips on what I can do to get iTunes and Photobooth working again?

Thanks.

2. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

It sounds like you used a program called Mackeeper or another similar one. You do not need to use programs like this to keep your Mac running good. If you want to delete an app you don't want, simply drag that app to the Trash bin; it's as simple as that. Some apps, however, do come with uninstallers, and you should use those where applicable.

At this point, the best option would be to first repair permissions and see if that helps, although I doubt it in this case.

But what you should really do is reinstall OS/X. Hopefully you have a good back up to restore from.

3. chrisjohansing macrumors newbie

F4MDamageTitleStr

Having the same problem. Repairing disk permissions didn't work, so I'm looking for another solution. Anybody know what this means? Am I missing some kind of file or script?
    Thanks