iTunes was not able to locate ...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by essential, Mar 22, 2017.

1. essential macrumors regular

There doesn't seem to be an iTunes forum so I'm not sure where to put this, but my library is syncing to my iPhone (6 Plus 128gb) so I'm putting it here. Mods feel free to move this wherever.

I have a lot of songs in my library. I started this library from scratch after building a new computer so this library was never moved, everything was re-added manually from the new location. I also have it referencing a local drive, not a network drive. Anyway, when adding new stuff, or changing folder names I'll get this:

The problem is none of my songs show an ! next to them, everything is accounted for. I've also created a playlist and moved my entire library into it because I've read iTunes won't move missing songs. The song count in the playlist is the same as the song count in my main library, so all my songs moved into the playlist, meaning nothing is missing.

Anyone know what iTunes is talking about, or why it's telling me stuff is missing when it's not, or how to get rid of this message? It pops up more than I'd like.

Thanks.

2. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

What about moving all files away from your designated iTunes folder, and re-add all of them again? In this time however, click "copy content to library" in iTunes setting.

I always let iTunes copy any file I have processed to iTunes library. Doing so I could save a lot of hassle with "missing files".