iTunes- What happened with that cd?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by gusious, Oct 18, 2008.

1. gusious macrumors 65816

gusious

Well i wanted to import an album in iTunes. Ok i did it. It found information for the album and everything amazing.

But... There is always a but.... When i saw my library everything was messed up with another album. Meaning that the album showed up like different songs and not belonging in the same album. The same thing happened to the one i imported. But only on those two albums. When i deleted it everything went back to normal. Imported it again-> same thing. Deleting it->same thing.

What should i do? Any ideas?

2. Toby Goodbar macrumors 6502

2 be honest i'm not sure exactly what your saying. but i would check to see if compilation is checked marked. are the 2 albums in question linked in any way? same song names or artist or any similarity like that? you might need, under "info" to see whats in artist, and album artist, maybe its causing your problem. and when you say messed up, i got a little lost as to exactly whats going on

3. gusious thread starter macrumors 65816

gusious

The first one was ice cube and the second one guns n roses.

When i said messed up i meant that every song appeared to be as if it came from another album and wasn't matched with the other songs of the same album.

4. gusious thread starter macrumors 65816

gusious

5. lamina macrumors 68000

lamina

Ok. Are the songs labeled? Were you connected to the internet when you imported the songs? iTunes does a great job of recognizing cds and importing them with the proper labels.

You can edit multiple items by clicking the first song in an album, holding down shift, and selecting the last, then pressing cmd-i.

Hope this helps. I'll keep my eye on the thread. Take a screenshot if you can. cmd-shift-4 and select the area you want to shoot. The file will be on the desktop. Attach it to your next post.

6. Batt macrumors 65816

Batt

Click on the first song in the album and do Cmd "i". Click "Part of a compliation". Click "Next" and do it again. Repeat for all songs in the album. Should fix it.

7. gusious thread starter macrumors 65816

gusious

Ok so i found out the "problem" but i need to know the solution. The problem is that both album's names are Greatest hits so, because i short my library by album name, they appear as different songs from different albums. Any idea on how to fix it?

Attached Files:

8. Ashka macrumors 6502a

Ashka

By clicking on the Album heading you have another two choices: Album by Year and Album by Artist. One of them will work :)

9. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

When you sort by artist, all albums within each artist will also be alphabetized. That's the way I like to do it, particularly because I tend to have a lot of stuff by my favourite artists, so they're easy to find simply by scrolling through. :)

10. gusious thread starter macrumors 65816

gusious

Thank you very much for the replies guys but i found the solution. I used the option to short them by album artist name so i have sorted them not only by album but also by artist. For those two at least!;)