Itunes - what would you change?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by benfilan, Nov 25, 2007.

1. benfilan macrumors 6502

benfilan

How would you change iTunes? personally I'd like to change the interface, give it a bit of a facelift. otherwise I kinda like it.....but i guess theres not really any choice:rolleyes:

does anyone use anything other than iTunes on thier macs?

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

I may switch to Songbird once its finished. Looks like iTunes' advantages (Store, CoverFlow) are things I don't use.

I would have an option to make 'Move to trash' default when deleting a file. Also, get rid of ugly stars in album view under the covers.

3. pjarvi macrumors 65816

pjarvi

Other than adding more content, I would:

-Make it so that if you click once on a file then click the Play button, it plays the selected file
    -When watching a TV episode, it should play the next episode automatically, the way music plays the next track automatically

4. c-Row macrumors 65816

c-Row

As I said before, being able to use keywords on songs and albums like we know it from iPhoto. And not in the Comments field.

5. mattr 76 macrumors newbie

mattr 76

I would add the ability to use playlists for Movies so I can group movies together; Pirates of the Caribbean, The Godfather.....,

also the ability to add cover art to groups of TV shows.

And the ability to use itunes to sync with other devices other than the iPod, I have an iPod but also a phone and would like to use both, using the ease of itunes.

Thats enough for today.

6. foidulus macrumors 6502a

The ability to rip dvds like you rip cds

now I know(at least in the US anyways) this isn't going to fly because of DMCA and whatnot, but right now I am in the midst of a massive project to rip and categorize all my tv show dvds. Right now I go through handbrake, then import the shows into iTunes, set them as TV shows, give them the correct episode name and number, and I even write descriptions for them(like they do for the shows you buy on the store). It can be a lot of work, I wish I could just pop a dvd into my macbook and drag it over to my library like a cd, and the rest of the info would be filled in from Apple's database.

Also, better ways to sort TV shows would be really nice. Right now you can only have them in either a giant list, a giant list separated by show, or cover flow, which is almost meaningless for TV shows anyway. It would be nice if we could do what we can do for songs, ie pick an show, then see a list of all the shows on the bottom, and in the upper left see a list of seasons. and if you click on one of the seasons you only see the episodes that belong to that show that season.

I own all the released Simpson dvd sets(and am planning on adding more as they come out) and my collection of Simpsons episodes is getting unruly.

Also, it would help if we could sort things better in front row too(not strictly iTunes related but....)

7. aperture01 macrumors member

aperture01

um there are a lot of things...

1.it's slow with large libraries...

2. it's slow with large libraries.

3. the windows port is hella slow.
    I figure this makes sense being that i'm sure they want you to buy a mac, which I rather have but geez apple come on! i mean coverflow runs like garbage on my 7600gt (at first i thought it's probably due to nvidia's poor opengl implementation on windows, but i know other more intensive opengl apps that run fine, so it's probably apple)

4. more plugin support, it'd be great if I could use milkdrop or something.

ugh on windows i'd rather just use winamp but it doesen't support iPhone :(

5. 64-bit support for windows vista/iphone. I can't believe the iphone will not work under 64 bit windows.

i sure as hell hope they lighten the load of the player.

i suppose i should say for all the gripes i have i do like a lot of other things about it.

8. Nadav macrumors regular

I want to be able to rent from the iTunes store. Have an option to just display album art, where you would have 5 albums per row and have as many rows as possible. View videos in coverflow like in the new finder on leopard. We should also be able to change how iTunes looks by putting in different skins.

9. cube macrumors G5

10. Killyp macrumors 68040

Killyp

• Speed the damn thing up. It's goddawful slow at times.
    • Allow me to edit multiple videos at once, at the moment you can only edit very basic info on multiple videos which is VERY frustrating and slows me down massively. Tasks which could take ~1 minute hav ended up taking near an hour
    • Pleeease PLEASE port it to Cocoa. Carbon apps aren't anywhere near as nice to use as Cocoa apps, and it's kinda obvious. They don't obide by the rules Apple themselves set down for OS X apps (with the whole fold-down messages, and keyboard shortcuts in query windows).
    • Why don't my Playlist playback settings follow the playlist onto my iPods (5th gen or Nano)? I have some playlists I specifically want to play in random and repeat every time I play them, but the iPods ignore this (not really an iTunes limitation I know)

11. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey