iTunes - Where is my library gone!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Benhama, Mar 12, 2013.

1. Benhama macrumors newbie

I am running iTunes, version 11.0.2.25, on a Windows XP machine. I have 15,000 songs, 200 apps, 200 films and a few books. When I started iTunes today it would only show me items purchased in the cloud. The only way I seem to be able to get my songs back is to "add folder to library", which I would prefer not to do as I will lose all of my "plays". What is even stranger is that within preferences my iTunes Media Location remains the same. Furthermore, within Windows Explorer I can see the files containing library, playlists, mobile applications etc with all my data in!

Can anyone assist with a solution please?

2. xShane macrumors 6502a

xShane

Open a new finder window > Go to 'Music' > iTunes > iTunes Media.

Is your media/songs/apps/films still there?

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

The OP is on windows not OSX.

4. Benhama thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks Xshane & maflynn for your speedy responses.

I am still clueless as to how it all happened. I suspect a corrupt iTunes file somewhere. Anyhow I managed to work a solution of sorts using info from 3 different points from Apple Support. It appears that I am only missing a few albums, which I can reload and live with the plays issue.

Thanks again guys.....and good news my 27" iMac should be here any day so will be transferring all files in any event. Just be easier if I can use Migration Assistant. :)