iTunes Wi-Fi sync not working since ios6

tmanto02

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 5, 2011
Australia
Since updating to ios6 my iTunes Wi-Fi sync wont automatically start like it is meant to when plugging my phone into a power source. The only way I can get it to sync over wi-fi is by pressing sync in iTunes on my computer.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any solutions? :confused::confused::confused:

tonyr6

macrumors 65816
Oct 13, 2011
Brooklyn NY
I was only able to get Wi-Fi to sync about four times since updating to iOS 6 then iOS 6.0.1 and then iTunes 11 it only worked once otherwise I have to keep taking my iPod Touch out of the dock and connect it with the stupid cable. Wi-Fi sync is a waste of time. I did uncheck and recheck Wi-Fi synced.

Last edited:

tmanto02

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 5, 2011
Australia
After 2 months and iTunes Wi-Fi sync still doesn't work properly. My iPhone rarely syncs when plugged into a power source and I usually have to trigger it by pressing sync on my computer. restarting iTunes/router/phone fixes it usually for one sync then the next night it doesn't sync automatically AGAIN! :mad:

sagar4995

macrumors 6502a
Aug 11, 2012
Dubai, UAE
yeah... i noticed the same thing. have to plug in my phone to my laptop with the cable... not that i mind it or anything, but defi wud love to skip the plugging in part like i once used to.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.