iTunes WiFi Store - Songs don't downloading properly?

mobilehavoc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 30, 2007
I have a 1.1.1 iPhone that is jailbreaked and working perfectly except I noticed that if I try to buy a song in iTunes WiFi it asks me for my password, then drops it into the download icon and I can see it actually download the entire song. However, it then pauses for a while on 'Finishing'.

Then I get a popup telling me that it was unable to download the song and to download it on my computer - which I'm able to do by doing 'Check for purchases' in iTunes.

However, I would like to still be able to buy tracks on the go. Anybody know what could be causing this? Maybe some third party app or Installer is conflicting with this? I don't remember having any problems prior to Jailbreak/Installer.

If you are NOT having any problems whatsoever, please post what 3rd party apps you have installed so I can figure out if it's something I installed that's causing the problem.

hollerz

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2006
Durham, UK
I'm getting the same problem. I'm unlocked and jailbroken but don't have any 3rd party apps installed. Only things I can think of are that the UK Store isn't set up properly for it yet, or the unlock/jailbreak breaks something.

Comment

camarobh

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2007
San Diego, CA
No problems here

I use iTunes WiFi all the time with no issues. My iPhone is not hacked and has no third party apps and is 1.1.1.

Comment

mobilehavoc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 30, 2007
Yeah I'm pretty sure it's jailbreaking but what's odd is that after a power cycle, songs download fine (from what I can tell). So it's most likely a 3rd party app that is breaking it until the next power cycle!

Problem is, i don't feel like buying tons of songs to test this theory out if I can help it!! :D

BTW, for what it's worth I had a virgin non-hacked iPhone from 6/29 through last week. I jailbreaked it and have to say the benefits of native 3rd party apps far outweigh any downsides - including this one. We're actually starting to see some useful apps come out now such as:

- To Do List - immensely useful
- Crosswalk - calculates cross streets of a manhattan address AND a full NYC subway map that's easy to read
- Native chat clients are more stable than ever
- Flickr apps that let you upload pics taken with your iPhone directly to your flickr account
- Mobilecast - lets you download podcasts directly to iPhone and listen to them
- Lockbox - vault for storing secure information locally!
- Then there's the usual waste of time games but still fun to have.

;)

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.