iTunes Wifi SUBSCRIPTION? Apple's secret killer app?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by zub3qin, Sep 30, 2007.

1. zub3qin macrumors 65816

zub3qin

Now that Apple has released iTunes Wifi (which works REALLY well, by the way... super fast startup and great audio quality)...

Wouldn't it be amazing if they created a subscription service to iTunes?
    You basically have access to the entire iTunes library. You get to play the whole song (instead of a 10 or 20 second clip). You just can't download the files.

This means that you have every song available on itunes, on your iPod if you are in a wifi area (and when iPhone is on 3G, then it will work there too).

Apple could charge $12/month for this and compete with satellite radio. The nfrastructure is there.. they just need to turn it on (and maybe increase their server bandwith).

2. Me1000 macrumors 68000

Me1000

Who needs satellite radio?
    why not just use internet radio?

but a subscription to iTunes would be great, even if you could only keep in on your iPhone (or iPod touch)

3. zub3qin thread starter macrumors 65816

zub3qin

Well I use satellite radio in my car.
    I use internet radio (really XM online) on my treo.

But Apple, in their wisdom, doesn't allow me to stream any media (audio or video) from the internet... except youtube.
    So I can't use inernet radio on the iPhone.

4. ivi7 macrumors 6502a

ivi7

Subscription service to the itunes store would be great or even renting music and videos for a month at a nominal fee would be nice.

5. TurboSC macrumors 65816

TurboSC

This could definitely be a possibility for them. I mean the possibilities are endless for the iPhone really, it's just whatever they decide to feed us.