iTunes WIFI sync issues

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by hthomas, Oct 27, 2014.

1. hthomas macrumors member

I cannot seem to get my iPhone 6 to sync over wifi with iTunes. I have gone through and "forget this network" and re singed into the wifi. I still can't seem to get it working. It seems to work once in a blue moon. It does work with my iPad mini however. Is this a common issue?

NOTE- Both devices are running iOS 8.1 and laptop running OS X 10.10

2. dcpmark macrumors 6502a

I can always get it to work.....just doesn't seem to stay working. Before iOS 8/Mavericks upgrades I was always able to get it working again just by quitting iTunes and restarting. Now when it stops syncing I have to restart my computer. Try it....it will likely work for you too.

3. NoBoMac, Oct 27, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2014

NoBoMac macrumors 65816

I've been having this issue with my iPad.

What I did today, and we'll see how long it works, is that I took the native firewall from the most rigid setting to the "middle" one (can't remember off hand the verbiage on the radio buttons). iTunes has always been in the allow list/box. Worked all day.

Another experiment I will do is to reset the firewall back to "strict": maybe some weird plist/configuration issue where old settings didn't quite make it over or conflicts with a new format/settings of the 10.10 configuration file.

ADD: worked for a while in Mavericks with strictest setting, very briefly in Yosemite (day or two, then no connection).