iTunes will not add QuickTime file to library

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by gkbdvm, Aug 13, 2014.

1. gkbdvm macrumors newbie

I recently downloaded new version of iTunes (11.3.1 (2) ). My OSX is version 10.9.4 running on iMac.

When I go to iTunes and click on Add File To Library and then select file in music folder and click open, iTunes will not open and add file to library. I even tried several other files in my music folder that I have successfully added to iTunes previously and none are added. iTunes will not import any of them. Any suggestions?

2. mojito macrumors member

I assume these Quicktime files are .mov videos correct?

Assuming that, your videos are Quicktime files, but .mov contains a wide variety of different codecs, not all of which are compatible with itunes. You likely just need to convert the video to the correct codec which is not difficult. That said, what type of video is this. Movie you downloaded, camera phone video, video from camera?

3. RightMACatU macrumors 65816

RightMACatU

Came across the same problem about two years ago and converted all my videos to .MP4 with HandBrake.

4. gkbdvm thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for reply. These files are not movies they are mp4 files recorded using Quicktime. Never had a problem putting them in iTunes before.