Itunes will not recognize my touch, error message.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by rexboyce, Dec 5, 2009.

1. rexboyce macrumors newbie

I had three older imacs, just bought the imac quad-core i7 (it's awesome) all is great except for one thing!! I have 2 ipod touch, 2 iphones, and a classic ipod. All worked perfectly with my old computer, and all but one ipod touch (my young sons) connect perfectly with the new system. When I plug his in it comes up in iPhoto, with the ipod name listed, it shows an ipod connected to the computer when I look at the "about this computer" settings, but it gives me an error message from iTunes and will not recognize it. Error says:
    iTunes could not connect to this ipod because an unknown error has occured (0xE800000A)

I have tried:
    1. Restarting my computer many times

2. Resetting and clearing the touch completely

3. Uninstalling and reinstalling iTunes ( with instructions from apple web site) twice

Nothing seems to make a difference.

When I plug it back into my old computer it comes right up, no problem and works on my other iMacs.
    I believe it must be something with iTunes because iPhoto recognizes it, right?

My son needs his Touch back, he loves it, and his brothers works just fine.

Any ideas out there? I am not a professional or novice Mac person, in the middle with my skills. So I hope to be able to follow your instructions. I have not tried calling Apple yet.

THANK YOU for reading this.

2. prestonkd macrumors member

prestonkd

I had this same problem a few nights ago with a brand new ipod touch that my wife syncs with a pc. After a lot of searching I found the answer. I believe the same issue is present on the mac. It seems that SOME ipod touch's will be seen as a camera and/or a scanner by itunes. The solution on the pc was to go in through device manager and update the driver. If you will update your driver I believe that may fix it. Hope that helps.

3. Moocher macrumors regular

I'm not sure this will answer all your questions, but do an advanced search in the touch forum for iphoto and select titles only. You'll get several threads where this is discussed.

Mooch

4. rexboyce thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the info!

5. rexboyce thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for the suggestion, seems like that may work, but I cannot figure that out on the MAC. I don't know where the device manager is.