iTunes will not restore iPhone but will restore from a PC?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by is300guy, Jan 17, 2011.

1. is300guy macrumors regular

Hey guys, I have a mid 2009 MacBook Pro with the current iTunes 10.1.1. I tried restoring my iPhone multiple times and each time I do, it stays stuck half way at the Apple logo with the status bar indicating it was about 50-60% done. I left it over night to restore and still, it remained the same. I tried a different route and used my girlfriend's PC and it worked like a charm. WTH is going on with my MacBook Pro? I have the base MacBook Pro: 2.26 Ghz, 4 gigs of ram, and 500 GB HD. I have tried a hard restart and still have no luck....

2. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

This would be more appropriate in the iPhone forum but what kind of restore are you attempting to do? Restore from an .ipsw or just a clean restore? I guess in any case, the problem might be due to the file being used.

Go to ~/Library/iTunes/iPhone Software Updates and move the latest update to the desktop and force iTunes to download the latest update and try the restore again. I have no experience with iPhones but it's pretty much a basic attempt at troubleshooting. If that doesn't work, you would be better off in the iPhone forum.

3. is300guy thread starter macrumors regular

I'll try that. Thanks.