iTunes+Windows 7= :(

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Drew017, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Drew017 macrumors 65816

Drew017

I have to reboot by computer every time I have to sync my iPod touch to my PC (I would sync it with my Mac, but I don't have a ton of disk space), and I'm using a totally different user account than the main one 'cause someone else has theirs synced with it.

Has anyone else had this problem, and found a way to fix it? I don't sync often because of how long it takes our PC to reboot (my Mac takes 36 seconds :D, but our PC takes about 100)

My theory is that since iTunes AND iPods are both Apple products, they both may possibly have compatibility issues with PC's.

Also, we don't have the latest version of Windows 7, but we do have iTunes 10.6.1

2. Bob Coxner macrumors 6502a

There's only one current version of Win 7, unless you mean you don't have the Service Pack 1. That shouldn't make any difference.

I've synced my Touch and two iPads with my Win 7 PC for the past year without any problem.

3. Bear macrumors G3

Do you have the latest Windows patches applied? That includes the service pack. If not, this could be your issue.

4. Drew017 thread starter macrumors 65816

Drew017

hmm, not sure. I will have to check. Why would this make a difference?

5. Invincibilizer macrumors 6502a

Invincibilizer

No compatibility issues here.

iTunes worked with Windows 7 here.

It would be funny if an iPod touch wouldn't work with a mac computer.