Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Would you like iTunes to automatically sync music/TV shows/movies with all computers?

• Yes

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • No

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

southerndoc

Contributor
Original poster
May 15, 2006
USA
Anyone else think this should be a standard feature of iTunes? I would love the ability to automatically sync the music libraries of all my computers authorized under a particular iTunes account.

For example, if I purchase music on my laptop, it would automatically sync with my desktop computer wirelessly when I used my laptop while joined to my wireless network and while my desktop computer (designated as a server for iTunes sync) is also turned on. If I have additional computers, then my desktop computer (the server) would be responsible for "distributing" the music to other computers on the network that are authorized to use that particular iTunes account.

I would be satisfied if there was one button to push that would sync my libraries.

I'm speaking of something similar to the way appleTV syncs music, except this would sync music with all computers (laptops, desktops). Music wouldn't be the only thing that sync'd. Movies, TV shows, and even podcasts would be sync'd as well.

southerndoc

Contributor
Original poster
May 15, 2006
USA
I realize I probably should have posted this in the iPod/iTunes forum.

Perhaps a mod can move it for me?

Thanks!

dsl4c

macrumors member
Dec 26, 2007
Portland, OR
I just use the share iTunes feature which let's me stream my music from my desktop to my laptop. it automatically appears in the side bar when the main computer is on.

southerndoc

Contributor
Original poster
May 15, 2006
USA
I just use the share iTunes feature which let's me stream my music from my desktop to my laptop. it automatically appears in the side bar when the main computer is on.

Yea, I was wanting to carry this a bit further. This works fine if I'm on my own network, but I would like to sync my desktop's iTunes library with my laptop so I could have my entire iTunes library available while in a hotel room, at work, etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.