iTunes Wish List

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jon31rm, Oct 23, 2007.

1. jon31rm macrumors member

As my music library continues to grow, I continue to grow more and more frustrated with iTunes. Here are some thoughts I've had:

1) Hide Songs - like in iPhoto '08, for those somewhat annoying songs you've got in your library that you really don't want to listen to every day, but you don't want to delete them. If you buy a CD and rip it to your computer, but only like about half of the songs. Hide half, but keep the whole CD.

2) iTunes Trash - if you delete something from your library, it's either gone from your library, and hidden in finder, or it's in the trash. iPhoto has a trash feature built in, where you can permanently delete items if you choose to empty the internal trash - separate from the system trash.

These are the two things that bother me most. Anyone else have any ideas on how it can improve?

2. thebotoxkid macrumors newbie

my very own Mtv

An option to have your music videos seperate from your music... i find it very frustrating when listening to music that my music videos are scattered throughout my song collection... i'd prefer a seperate music video library... like my very own Mtv :D

3. TallChap macrumors newbie

I am no iTunes expert, but I think you can achieve this by utilizing the check box. Uncheck the offending tunes and if you set up smart playlist select "Match only checked songs". That way the offending tunes want appear in your smart playlist either.

Again I am not an iTunes expert, but if you set up a new smart playlist tick the "Match the folowing rule:", Set rule to be "Video Kind" "is" "Music Video". This should put all your music videos in one smart playlist.
    Regards
    TC

4. FJ218700 macrumors 68000

FJ218700

I'm curious why video files are showing up in your music library. They should automatically go to the "movies" section of the library, separate from the "music" section.

5. TallChap macrumors newbie

As far I understand music videos purchased from iTunes only go in to your music library.
    TC

6. FJ218700 macrumors 68000

FJ218700

oh, weird. I've never purchased one.

thanks for the info

7. jon31rm thread starter macrumors member

In my experience though, it's too easy to accidentally check and uncheck songs. I'll try it this way for now though. Thanks

8. thebotoxkid macrumors newbie

It's not just the Music Video Library i want... its not having them in the music library which is the annoyance. I just think since they are divided up on the iPod and appleTV they should be in iTunes.

9. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

720p TV and Movie downloads
    all songs iTunes Plus

10. NotAnotherSN macrumors member

To those having problems with music videos:

In iTunes go to the music video in question and go to "Get Info" through the right click. Click on the tab marked "Video". There should a drop down box that looks like the one attached. Just click "Music Video" and then "OK" and you'll be set.

Attached Files:

11. telf22 macrumors regular

12. jon31rm thread starter macrumors member

Even though you can set the video to "music video", the problem is that there is no category on the left called "music videos", like there is "tv shows" and "movies".

Music videos show up in the "music" library, and (to the best of my knowledge) you cannot hide them, or move them into another category besides "music". This is why some people are frustrated.

13. aafuss1 macrumors 68000

aafuss1

Built in licensed SRS effects (MS does this with theirs on Windows-as they pay a licensing fee).

A iPhoto like trash would great.

Blog-like tagging system.

14. aaronmacneil14 macrumors newbie

itunes

i wish it had what the iphone and the ipod touch has for coverflow. where you click the corner and it flips over to show the songs. that would be great for when your doing fullscreen coverflow on your computer

15. boss1 macrumors 6502a

boss1

I wish iTunes has an option to use safari in the iTunes window.. so I could make playlists of all the websites I frequent and scroll through them in Coverflow :D