iTunes with three devices and two accounts

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TheSlimOne, Oct 28, 2011.

1. TheSlimOne macrumors regular

I know this may not be the right place, but you all have more knowledge than most I have seen. I just can't ever seem to be able to find an answer anywhere

Since most of us seem to have more than one iOS device what are we all doing to sync multiple items to one iTunes

I have tried more than one account on the computer but then it seems you have to have two separate iTunes libraries. This takes up a ton of space. Almost all of my music has been received by illicit means over many years. I don't want to get into the morale discussion about that. So why can I not have one library that iTunes looks in and I can sync more than one device to it

I'll start with one annoying issue. I have a iP4 and an iPad2. Both are under my account. If I set up my phone the way I want it. It jacks the ipad up when I plug it in and vice versa. Its just annoying. I am sure I can do this better than that.

Now the other issue is compounded when I plug my wifes phone into it. Pretty much the same issue. She has her own iTunes account. I would love to know how others are dealing with this issue

Thanks
    Rick

2. TheSlimOne thread starter macrumors regular

3. DroidRules macrumors 65816

As far as I know you will have to set up each as you go. What the wife and I do is have a play list for music one for me, one for her so that makes it easy for that. Apps I think you're sol and will have to click each one for each device.
    OR have separate iTunes accounts.

4. TheSlimOne thread starter macrumors regular

By say seperate iTunes accounts do yours. Two separate logins on the computer?