iTunes won't authorize

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by chainprayer, Feb 23, 2008.

1. chainprayer macrumors 6502a

I have music that I own but recently transfered to my new mac. When I attempt to authorize my music on this computer, I get the message "Machine authorization successful", but when I try to play the music, it asks for my iTunes user/pass again. It constantly says I am authorized, but never plays. I tried deauthorizing all computers and trying again, but this does not work.

2. icoffee macrumors regular

I had that problem with older versions of iTunes. Make sure you are using the same account that you purchased your music with. Also make sure you are using the latest version of iTunes. Have you repaired your machines permissions in Disk Utility?

If it's not one of the above, I'd definitely email iTunes @ Apple for some support. Last time I emailed them, I had a response in 48 hours.

3. iToons macrumors newbie

I had the same problem the time before my last update to itunes. I went to all my accounts and authorized the computer and then all was fine.

Now, however, after I installed the latest version of iTunes the errors came up again. This time it says that my previous account is invalid and will not authorize the computer. Now I have thousands of worthless songs on my comp. :mad:

Anyone ever have to deal with this?