Itunes won't autodelete some podcasts?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mchank, Feb 18, 2008.

1. mchank macrumors regular

I subscribe to various podcasts like NBC Nightly News, Geekbrief, etc. which have a daily show. I have podcasts setup to only keep the 3 newest episodes and auto delete the rest. Today however, I found a bunch of episodes dating back months which were never auto deleted but didn't show up in my podcasts menu. I had over 6 gigs of old episodes! I even still had the folder of episodes from podcasts I had long unsubscribed to and deleted from the podcasts window of iTunes. Does anyone know if this is an iTunes bug or am I doing something wrong?

2. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

Right-click each podcast feed and select "allow auto-delete" (if you don't see that option, it's already selected).

Quite honestly, this is my biggest complaint with iTunes; I had several podcasts set to auto-delete with others excluded, but random episodes kept disappearing from the feeds I wanted to keep. Eventually I told iTunes to keep all episode, but now I have to delete episodes manually.

3. bshegg macrumors newbie

Make sure you have "sync 10 most recent unplayed" selected on your ipod podcasts section.

4. wilsonhaven macrumors member

Bump - Won't auto delete podcasts

I know that this is an old thread. Just hoping someone has an answer. Of all of my podcasts, the PBS Newshour does not retain the auto delete setting. I have to set it and then press update every day. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

5. jive turkey macrumors 6502

I hate to say this, but the auto-delete feature has a mind of its own. On some podcasts it just won't work, no matter what. As always I am hopeful the new update (10.4) has fixed it, but I will be shocked if it did.