Itunes won't back up jailbroken 2.1 ipod touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by demonicgman, Oct 6, 2008.

1. demonicgman macrumors newbie

I had recently jailbroken my iPod Touch with PwnageTool, and everything went find. All apps are working. There are a couple of problems that I had experienced. When jailbroken, and plugged into my iMac through iTunes, iTunes reads my iPod Touch (meaning I can transfer music, photos, etc.) but usually when it syncs, the iPod Touch is usually back-up. But now, it says "iPod Touch disconnected, cannot back-up", but I can still transfer things even though it's NOT disconnected.

Before this happened it would back it up everytime i connected it right after i Jailbroke it.

2. MacKid9930 macrumors newbie

MacKid9930

You're Screwed

When you jailbreak an iTouch you are messing with the coding that makes hooking it up (and backing up) to iTunes so easy.

3. bradenwh macrumors 6502

You're probably using cracked apps, and have messed with the MobileInstallation file required to sync cracked apps with iTunes. Using old versions of the MobileInstallation file will result in unfinished backups.

Sorry if you're not using cracked apps. That's the only time I've seen that this problem occurs.

Hahahahahaha. You make me laugh.
    You know nothing about jailbreaking.
    Oh, and it's not an "iTouch."
    Let's not be lazy and uneducated. Let's take the time to type the three missing letters.
    Say it with me now: iPod Touch.
    Repeat if necessary.