itunes wont create a backup of iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by DEE9299, Jun 16, 2010.

1. DEE9299 macrumors 6502a

DEE9299

i have itunes 9.0.2 and when i try to backup my phone it starts but after 2 seconds it stops and never creates a backup.....any ideas

2. jtc103 macrumors newbie

Similar problem...

Ever since i updated the itunes to 9.0, my iPhone 3GS just stopped backing up. Before, the backup was fairly quick, and now, sometimes it doesn't even get pass the diagonal lines, and if it does, the backup is REAL slow.

I've looked around on other forums and there were some suggestions on deleting the iTunes preference files, which I did, and by doing that it still didn't resolve my issue. I have also looked at my backed-up files, but none of them could be corrupted because they were the ones that were "backed up" after this whole problem occured, which is another thing I don't understand. I always X out of the backup thing when it gets to the diagonal lines after I wait for a long time, but then it shows up in my backup list of previous backups. Does it mean that iTunes actually backed my phone up?

Anyway, if anyone could please let me know how I can get my phone to back up properly again as I want to upgrade to iOS4 with no problems! Thanks

3. bcharmse macrumors newbie

Same problem.

Same problem, suppose we wait for the next Itunes update in a day or 2. Seems like it is quite general.

4. jtc103 macrumors newbie

While updating to iOS 4 it took an extremely long amount of time to back up my phone, so I decided to finally quit that and find an alternative, which I did

http://ios.e-lite.org/

It is a quick and easy way to get the iOS 4 upgrade without backing the phone up. But just make sure that you have all the info on your phone backed up to a safe place because after using this site to get the upgrade, your numbers, notes, SMS messages will all be gone.

5. andmag macrumors newbie

Iphone 3gs back up

Had the same issues and managed at last to upgrade to ver 4 & 9.2 itunes and now the phone will not back up in Itunes.
    Using Win7 64bit.
    Any way to resolve this please?