iTunes wont delete album art!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by wayland1985, Sep 29, 2009.

1. wayland1985 macrumors 6502

For some reason, iTunes 9 wont get rid of album art. I had it automatically download album art for my collection, but it picked a few bad images (most of my greatest-hits artwork is wrong, and a few compilations are wrong).

I've deleted the images in the "Get info" part for each song, and the "Artwork" tab shows "No Image". However in the Cover Flow view on my iTunes and iPhone, the image still appears.

How do I get rid of the image once and for all??? Or where can I find good album art to replace it with???

2. HBOC macrumors 68020

google image album art, or sometimes cdnow.com will have some good 400x400 or better album art on there.

album art work is stored at user/music/iTunes/album artwork/
    but how to find each one, well, that i cannot help you with, as it is a maze, to say the least...

3. devburke Guest

When iTunes fetches album art, it does not embed it into the file (which I'd why it doesn't show up in the Get Info window). To clear the album art that's not embedded, right-click the song(s) and click "Clear Downloaded Album Art" or something like that (I'm away from my computer, I'm on my iPod, so I'm not sure).

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Album Art Exchange is one of many great sites for high-quality artwork. It's much better than the low-quality art that iTunes automatically downloads.
    It's not stored in that location for everyone. For example, mine is stored in:
    Macintosh HD/Users/username/Music/iTunes Libraries/iTunes Mac/Album Artwork​
    If you search in Spotlight for "Album Artwork", you can find where it's stored on any computer.