iTunes won't detect touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by JustOneQuickONe, Jan 18, 2009.

1. JustOneQuickONe macrumors 6502

I just installed Leopard today and now my touch won't show up on my computer or in itunes. If I plug my old ipod in it will show up and do what its supposed to. iPhoto will try to import my photos off the touch. I'm wondering if its my computer or coincidence that my iPod stopped working properly at the same time I happen to install leopard, that's kinda the way my life works haha. I've tried resetting the iPod but that didn't work. I have the newest software for both my ipod and itunes what should I do?

2. JustOneQuickONe thread starter macrumors 6502

3. gonefishin300 macrumors newbie

This happened to me too...and it still happens every once in a while. To tell you the truth, I really don't know what made my touch stop doing that. However, sometimes it just takes a REALLY long time to sync. Is your computer not even recognizing the touch or is it stuck on "Preparing to sync" or whatever?

4. JustOneQuickONe thread starter macrumors 6502

It was actually not even detecting it at all, except iPhoto tried to import pictures off it but the iPod wouldn't show up on the desk top or in itunes. I had to take itunes off completely and reinstall it then it worked fine