Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

orvn

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Has anyone encountered this iTunes error before?

Only when buying/downloading content.

We Could Not Complete Your iTunes Store Request.
An Unknown Error Occured (12002).

2m7y8t1.png

iTunes 10.6.1 on Mac OSX 10.7.3

John T

macrumors 68020
Mar 18, 2006
UK.
For starters, why not do as suggested - Try again later. iTunes will remember where you previously left off recording.

FloatingBones

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2006
Has anyone encountered this iTunes error before?

Only when buying/downloading content.

We Could Not Complete Your iTunes Store Request.
An Unknown Error Occured (12002).

I just encountered this error when attempting to subscribe to the University of Washington Annual Faculty Lectures - Video feed on iTunes U. ITunes U is a podcast associated with an educational institution; it functions the same way as a podcast on iTunes.

I looked up the contact information for the admins in charge of the podcast (on uwtv.org in my case). I contacted the admins at 10am on Saturday and reported the error. At 4am today (!) I received a reply from Paul at UW. Paul had fixed the problem on their server and asked me to retry. It worked.

I suggest contacting the admins in charge of the feed and reporting the problem to them. If you look on the Podcast page in iTunes, you may see a grayed-out "!" next to the failed download. If you click on that "!", you'll get a more detailed error message. That error message may help the admins in charge of the podcast feed fix it.

Good luck.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.