iTunes - Won't Let Me Classify Something as a TV Show?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by astrostu, Sep 11, 2007.

1. astrostu macrumors 6502

I'm one of the iPod Touch orderers who's trying to convert lots of DVDs over to a Touch-compatable format while waiting for it to be shipped. I've done several movies and imported them into iTunes perfectly fine, they show up in my "MOVIES" category. But I did some TV shows today and they also will only go in my "MOVIES" category - I can't drag them over to the "TV SHOWS."

What gives? Is there a way around this? Or is this Apple's way of saying, "Only TV shows that we have blessed and were downloaded through our service are worthy of being in this category?"

2. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

get the song info, and you can select what type of video file (tv show, movie, etc.) under the video pane.

Attached Files:

3. Wolfpup macrumors 68030

Thanks for that info siurpeeman. I had no idea you could change that, just assumed anything you create yourself ended up in movies.

4. iJawn108 macrumors 65816

iJawn108

wow i didnt know that either thank you so much slurpeeman

5. astrostu thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks, that did it! It's still annoying there's an extra step, but at least there's a way around it.

6. rockstarjoe macrumors 6502a

rockstarjoe

Doug's Applescripts has a fantastic iTunes script that does this automatically for large batches of TV shows. It is called something like Set Video Kind. It lets your choose a batch of videos and make them tv shows or movies, add season number and episode number and show name, all in one swoop!