Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sportsfrk214

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 18, 2007
I received my iPod Touch about 3 months ago and purchased the software upgrade and put it on my iPod. Now my sister got a Touch and I'm trying to put it on hers, but when I go to purchase it again, iTunes tells me that I already purchased it. I'm using the same account because my whole family is on the same account. How can I purchase it again to put it on the new ipod?

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
I received my iPod Touch about 3 months ago and purchased the software upgrade and put it on my iPod. Now my sister got a Touch and I'm trying to put it on hers, but when I go to purchase it again, iTunes tells me that I already purchased it. I'm using the same account because my whole family is on the same account. How can I purchase it again to put it on the new ipod?

You don't need to, just restore her iPod on the computer you bought the software upgrade with and it will put it on.

Seems like one purchase and you can put it on as many iPods as you like so long as you use the Restore button instead of the Update button. It'll wipe the iPod but it's a cinch to put the content back on again.

sportsfrk214

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 18, 2007
You don't need to, just restore her iPod on the computer you bought the software upgrade with and it will put it on.

Seems like one purchase and you can put it on as many iPods as you like so long as you use the Restore button instead of the Update button. It'll wipe the iPod but it's a cinch to put the content back on again.

I restored it on her computer and nothing happened. You say I should restore it on my computer, where I originally purchased the apps from?

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
I restored it on her computer and nothing happened. You say I should restore it on my computer, where I originally purchased the apps from?

That's what I said. Restore the iPod on the computer you purchased the Software Update on.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.