iTunes Wont Let Me Purchase Certain HD Movies.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by benh911f, Oct 13, 2010.

1. benh911f macrumors 6502

Over the past few days I've noticed that the option to buy a number of HD movies over iTunes has been made unclickable. These are the same movies that WERE clickable just a week ago. I wanted to buy Shutter Island, but had to purchase it in HD over my iPad, since on my laptop the HD was not an option. I figured when i plugged the iPad to my comp, it would then download the HD version to my computer, but it only downloaded the SD version. Only about a week ago, I did have the option to purchase the HD version on my computer, and now the option has been faded. I just bought the HD version of American Psycho on my computer just a week or two ago, and checked on iTunes again, and the option to buy HD was still applicable. I did notice under the two purchase options it mentioning that your Mac or PC must be HDCP compatible or something along those lines.
    Any clues?

2. TheKomputerGeek macrumors newbie

I've had this problem as well... I want to buy some movies (like Bourne Identity) in HD on itunes, but the only option is SD... anyone know why and have a solution?