iPad iTunes won't let me transfer to iPad Air

Discussion in 'iPad' started by HarryWarden, Jul 17, 2014.

1. HarryWarden, Jul 17, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2014

HarryWarden macrumors 6502a

I get the message that the computer isn't authorized so I authorize it and yet still get the message so I am unable to transfer files. No matter what I try (deleting SC Folder as suggested at the link below) nothing works.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts1389

Anyone had this problem and found a solution for it?

2. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

What is the exact error message you are getting?

What kind of files are you wanting to transfer.

Are you doing a sync to transfer these files?

3. HarryWarden thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'm trying to transfer a game I bought from the App Store to my iPad. I bought it via iTunes on my computer because it was a large size (1.89 GB) and it's easier to see the progress of downloads from within iTunes. Yes, I'm doing a sync to attempt to transfer the game but that is when I get the following error message:

"The iPad could not be synced because this computer is no longer authorized for purchased items that are on this iPad"

I have already tried to reauthorize, restart my computer, and then re-sync. Doesn't work as that message still appears and the game is synced to the iPad.

4. 960design macrumors 68020

Can you download the game on the iPad directly from the app store? If I had to completely guess without seeing anything, I would guess that your computer is signed in as bob@someemail.com and your iPad is signed in as dave@someemail.com. The app will not transfer from the purchased bob account to the unpurchased dave account. This is a complete guess.

5. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

But a good guess. I was going to ask the OP if iTunes and his iPad are all on the same account. Sounds like they are not.