Itunes wont let play over half songs

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by fad2007, Jun 8, 2007.

1. fad2007 macrumors newbie

Hi there I have a iBook G4 and I bought several hundred songs on iTunes with an AOL account. After that I switched to another ISP at my house and I now have another iTunes account off of my yahoo.com email address. When I try and play my songs that I purchased the songs I got with the AOL account it says I need to authorize the song. But since I don't have AOL anymore it comes up saying that the Account is invalid or is a wrong password. Is there a way to get the songs I paid for with AOL over to my yahoo.com email address account or is there a way I can have them reauthorized?

2. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

Your iTunes account isn't actually linked to an email address, so if it goes inactive it shouldn't be a problem. As long as you remember the password that you used when you signed up with the aol user name you should be fine. If you choose to update your profile with a new email address, you can do that on the iTunes Store under Account Options.

3. fad2007 thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried just logging in with my old AOL account when it comes up asking for me to authorize the song, but it tells me that either the AOL Username is Invalid or the password is incorrect, and when I clicked "forgot my password" it comes up telling me that the account is not a valid AOL account. I actually had one account which was the AOL account. I cancalled my subscription with AOL and when I tried to authorize songs on my computer that I had bought using that account it wont work. I have a second iTunes account which is my yahoo account. So normally I would have had 2 logins, one AOL, and one Yahoo email as the ID. Is there anyway to reauthorize the music if the AOL account no longer exists?

4. theBB macrumors 68020

theBB

Contact customer service. When I was about to lose my school account, I changed my email address tied to my account, but if you cannot login into the account in the first place, I suspect you're gonna have to speak to a human on the phone and answer some questions.