Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pass2Yao

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 26, 2004
Avondale Estates, GA
Hi everyone. I am a bit frustrated right now. I have a powerbook g4, 1.33 that is not intel, clearly. I was running it on 10.3.9 (panther) os x and upgraded to itunes 7.4.2. The Itunes gave no problems and functioned normally. Today, I upgraded (finally) my os x to 10.4.6 (tiger) and when the upgrade went very smoothly. however, now my itunes will no longer open. It says that "Itunes requires Mac Os X 10.4.7 or later" ...which is specifically for intel based macs, and I can't upgrade.

Any suggestions on how to get itunes to open? Thanks,
Louis

swiftaw

macrumors 603
Jan 31, 2005
Omaha, NE, USA
Hi everyone. I am a bit frustrated right now. I have a powerbook g4, 1.33 that is not intel, clearly. I was running it on 10.3.9 (panther) os x and upgraded to itunes 7.4.2. The Itunes gave no problems and functioned normally. Today, I upgraded (finally) my os x to 10.4.6 (tiger) and when the upgrade went very smoothly. however, now my itunes will no longer open. It says that "Itunes requires Mac Os X 10.4.7 or later" ...which is specifically for intel based macs, and I can't upgrade.

Any suggestions on how to get itunes to open? Thanks,
Louis

No, 10.4.7 is not for intel macs only, all point upgrades are for both versions. My PPC powerbook is running 10.4.10.

Install the newest tiger upgrades and you'll be fine

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.